Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Drakes in my Crosshairs...

Well lately the kills haven't been flowing in as nicely as they used too. Granted i haven't been dying either, but needless to say, i wanted some prey. Killed a Kestrel class frigate, but for a while that was about it.

So far, it was a slow week... Something that can sometimes be common to an outlaw of space. We cant just swoop in and destroy everything, we have to choose our targets, and strike at the best opportunity. But if the right targets and opportunities never present them selves, then money for our wallets wont either.

Was out hunting with a fleet the other night and had to return to my station quarters do to a headache. If you cant focus, you cant fight, so i went to wait it off.
Once i was in better condition and returned to my ship, I come to find out, five minutes after i left, my fleet mates scored some nice kills.... for some reason i hate headaches even more now...

Well last night i came on to find a fleet operation in effect in the Nalvula system. Still burnt about the other night, i saw this as a perfect opportunity to make up for what i missed and finally get some money back in my wallet.

We wondered around Nalvula for a while, trying to probe out several mission runners, each slipping by us with their ship unharmed. We kept at it for a good hour or so, and eventually started to think this was going to be another silent night.

We then decided to check the neighboring systems. I volunteered to check the Jan system. When i arrived, i checked the systems current population and it looked like the system had potential for a kill or two, so i warped to my safe spot and scanned a bit.

After a few short moments, I got a Drake class battle cruiser on scan. The pilot didn't make much effort in hiding his identity, and i quickly gathered intel on him. This looked to good to be true, the pilot seemed like he would be an insanely easy kill based on intel, and i called in the other fleet members.

We figured it was probably bait, but decided to take our chances. We warped in and opened fire. he offered no resistance what so ever. We got him down to ship structure in mere seconds and then noticed the whole fleet was not here. Our target was not fighting back at all and we decided to hold him warped scrambled while we wait for the rest of the fleet. This was all time that he should have called for help, or at least fired at us! but no, he didn't, he just sat there and waited politely for us to finish him off.

Once we finished doing the nasty with our drake friend, we scanned in Jan for a bit, and eventually went back to Nalvula when Jan proved to now be dead. we returned to trying to probe out mission runners. This time we had better luck, maybe the first drake kill was a good omen. we probed out another mission running Drake and killed him almost as easily.

Back to probing and once again we find a Drake. This time however, it was slightly different. There were two Drakes, both running the same mission. We considered we could be getting our selves killed, but we like to take chances, and also considered this would be a nice kill for us.

Warped in and locked down both of their warp drive systems. They were not gonna go anywhere unless they plowed us down. We focused fire on one drake at a time to speed up the process. We were under heavy fire from the Drakes, their drones, and the rats in the area, so the faster we dealt with this, the better.

The first Drake went down after about a minute, we then turned on the second. By now i had heavy drone fire on me, and rat fire as well. i announced the drone situation to my fleet mates and they helped me pick them off. Once refocusing on the Drake, his shields took a minute or so to go down. This one seemed fitted better than the other. But only in terms of his shielding. By now i was down to about a third of my armor, and it was falling pretty fast with the rat fire on me. I held out and saw once his shields were gone, his armor and structure began being smashed through like a mixed martial artist's fist through a small child's face...

I knew i should have warped out as my ship was half way through structure at the same time as his was, and i would have been on the killmail anyways, as my damage has already been done. But I'm stubborn you see, and i wanted to try and push it a few more seconds so i could see his ship go boom.

I got my wish and saw his ship explode, but my wish did not come without its cost, as my ship exploded at the exact same time his did. I didn't care much though, that Rifter lasted me many kills, and given the streak tonight, it would easily be replaced. I warped out and back to my ship yard to pick up another Rifter. Once my GCC was gone i was on my way back. I asked who grabbed the loot from those two kills and apparently....no one did. My fleet mates are not pirates like me, and don't live off of the loot, so they forgot about it, as i was the one looting the previous kills. We sat around for a while and tried to probe out some other ships and probe the loot for those drakes so i could cash in on them. A while went by and we couldn't really find another ship, or the loot again, so we called it a night.

So it was a good night, 4 Drake kills, and only one death. made several mil from the two drakes we actually got the loot for, and i got to kill some guys after a long slow week. Not bad :)

Well guess I'll see you guys in space. Fly safe, cause I'll be hunting >:)

4 comments:

  1. Oh no. No loot! That's not good for business. That's our main revenue stream....

    I liked the bit about the kids face :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yup, i know, thats what i told them XD
    and yes, i figured you would like the part with the kids face, i laugh every time i read that while proof reading lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like you're living in a different world. Very interesting. I wish I could join your crew and ship alongside. But, you know my limitations and I feel bad that I can't be part of this excellent game. So, good luck the killing and not dying. Fly safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that’s a blog of an addict gamer. hahaha. Loved it mate. You really are living the life of EVE and sounds like having some great time. Even though I had no idea what exactly you talked about but I loved reading it. Sounded like we actually doing all those in real life. Could’ve been really great, isn’t? Have fun mate.

    ReplyDelete