Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Setting Sail for New Horizons.

Ever since I started playing EVE, I have been set on the path of the pirate. I joined Pyrotechnics Inc. and have been loyal to them since.
Though I enjoy the art of piracy, and it will always be my main form of living in New Eden, i needed a bit of something new.

Amamake and the nearby systems began to become old and stale. Sure they offered plenty of kills, and had everything i needed... But there was a much larger world to explore and i wanted to see it!

At the same time i needed more complexity, i needed something more happening than simply pirate roams everywhere i looked, day after day. I wanted to see the taste of actual war around me, i wanted to see the political conflicts that unfold, i wanted something more...

I had been wanting this for a while and planned to start my own corporation in the near future, but i knew i wasn't experienced enough yet to lead it successfully, and i didn't want to jump the gun.

Pyro has been dead for a long time and when i came back i was hoping to help it revive somehow. but as time went on and progress wasnt being made... I began thinking of leaving, and with the desire to see more, and it becoming more apparent that i would find those things in pyro, so i left.

I got in touch with my friend Romeo Blakstorm and asked him about the corp he was in. I had read about it in his blog and it seemed right up my ally of what im looking for. He gave me more details and it sounded perfect. with that i hauled my crap to Otsasai and threw in my application. I was accepted shortly after and was pleased with what i found. Gravis Unbound being a member of The Council. Alliance. they have a bit of everything, and seem to do em well. The low sec system i set camp in borders null sec and provides easy in and out access. The Council is currently involved in some political affairs and wars seem to happen off and on with them.

So far this is looking like exactly what i wanted. it will give me new oceans to pirate, and an opportunity to get a taste for other interesting things for me. I think i just found my new home :)

until next time, fly safe, because im still hunting... just in new locations :P

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff mate. I like how you've wrote this!

    Glad you found your new home :) Welcome to Gravis.

    the journey begins now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you have no idea how close i came to losing this blog! XD

    right after i typed the whole thing up, while i was proof reading it, the power went out... as i sat their in disbelief of what just happened, i finally turned my PC back on and prayed for a miracle i was pretty sure wouldnt happen lol.

    after looking around, i saw that the blog was auto saved as a draft right before the power outage and my ass was saved, i was SO relieved XD

    but yup, im loving this corp, already made some good friends here, and have plenty to do now :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe .... :)

    I think if you type something and wait a moment, like 5 seconds it autosaves it.... which is a good feature in some circumstances!!

    I am keeping an eye out for you gracing our killboard ;)

    ReplyDelete